- Before or at the time of collecting your personal information, we will identify the purposes for which the information is being collected.
- We will collect and use your personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling the purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain your consent and/or as required by law.
- We will only retain your personal information as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes.
- We will collect your personal information by lawful and fair means and, where reasonable, with your knowledge or consent.
- Personal information should be relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for the purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification by using reasonable security safeguards.
- We will make information about our policies and practices relating to the management of your personal information readily available to you.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of your personal information is protected and maintained.
Collection of Your Personal Information by Dealsealer.com.au
The information we receive from customers enables us to continually improve your Dealsealer.com.au experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We will store some of the information you enter on our web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but this may reduce the ability for you to take advantage of many of this website's features. We use the information that you provide for purposes such as responding to your requests, tailoring your shopping experience to better suit your needs, improving our website's service, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: Like most web sites, we use "cookies" to obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses Dealsealer.com.au.
- Mobile: When you download or use the Dealsealer mobile app, we may at times receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalised content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting to our end users, we will receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail from us if your computer supports such capabilities.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to the information we have received from or about you.
- Cookies are unique identifiers that are stored on your device to enable our systems to recognise your device and to provide features such as request lodgement and recommended instant deals.
Does Dealsealer.com.au Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with our subsidiaries and in such cases we include, controls that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, for example with product sellers and service providers, these businesses operate business through Dealsealer.com.au or offer products or services to you at Dealsealer.com.au. In other cases, you can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we will share your personal information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Dealsealer.com.au customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Protection of Dealsealer.com.au and Others: We will release your account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Dealsealer.com.au, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set out in this Privacy Notice.
Your Information Security on Dealsealer.com.au
- Your personal information is protected during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input.
- Dealsealer.com.au does not store credit card numbers. Your payments are processed through a 3rd party gateway (Paypal & eWay). During this process, we always send your credit card number via encrypted connection. In orders we will only show the last 4 digits of the credit card used.
- Despite these steps, to prevent any un-authorised access to your account, it is your responsibility to properly log out of Dealsealer.com.au after each session, especially when you are using a shared-computer.
Third-Party Advertisers and/or Links to Other Web Sites
Our site may include links to other web sites and third-party advertising. This may be in the form of a business listing/profile including a link to the advertiser's own web site, or a third-party advertisement banner that links to an external web site. These links are provided for your convenience to provide you with further information. They do not signify that we endorse the web site(s). We have no responsibility for the content of those linked web site(s).
Which Information Can I Access?
Dealsealer.com.au gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Dealsealer.com.au for the limited purpose of viewing and, in most cases, updating that information.
Examples of information you can access easily at Dealsealer.com.au include up-to-date information regarding recent sealed deals and membership payments; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalised preferences); payment settings (including membership status and balances); e-mail notification settings (including site notifications and newsletters); Seller accounts; and Your Profile.
What Choices Do I Have?
- You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Dealsealer.com.au features.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as your Dealsealer user profile.
- Please note however, that if you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Dealsealer.com.au, and it is your responsibility to review them from time to time for changes.
- The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the web site of your browser's manufacturer.
Access by Minors
Dealsealer.com.au does not sell products for purchase by children, although we sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Dealsealer.com.au only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide information to us when you search, seal deals, communicate with sellers, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for an instant deal, seal a deal through Dealsealer.com.au, provide information in Your Profile, or communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form, provide feedback or engage in communication with a seller on an offer - or as a seller - where you make an offer to sell. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with information such as your name, address, and phone numbers; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone numbers; content of reviews and e-mails to us; and personal description and the photograph in Your Profile.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device's settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information; seller's account information; purchase or redemption information and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfilment, advertising, or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the web search features and search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links).